Thursday, July 16, 2009

What's Right With Writing- Reflection

This article brings an important view about writing, Linda Rief stated: "Writing lets us communicate what we know and help us think of things we didn't know we knew until we began writing." She continues "Writing is about representing our experiences, our knowledge, our opinions, our feelings." Under this perspective, not only English teachers needs to be prepare in order to achieve this big responsability with our students. When I was taking some literacy classes, a group of students who were studying for being a P.E. teachers refuse to take the class, because they thought they would never use it with their students.It was hard for me to believe that they wanted to be teachers.I'm very sure they are some teachers still thinking the same. What we can do for change their mentality?
I'm not an English teacher but my integrity and identity call me to be prepare for the sake of my students.

3 comments:

  1. I think everywhere you will find students who refuses to learn about writing. I think they do not know what they are missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also interested to know if these teachers realize that without a healthy educational background, many of these PE teachers are less likely to get a job. Schools want teachers that they can use in a variety of qualified positions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our P.E. does awesome activities with our young students to help them practice their phonics and counting while in P.E. He also has the older students read and respond to text about health and fitness. He sees the connection!

    ReplyDelete