Friday, July 10, 2009

I' am from.....

I'm from llamas and green prairies,
I'm from rice, oat and milk,
I'm from a big family that lives in a room between the store and a small kitchen,
I'm from the smell of magazines and lotto tickes covered with dust and unforgettable memories,
I'm from corn, potatoes and lemon in a house filled with aromatic cinammon smell,
I'm from avocado tree,
Whose long gone limbs I remember as if they were my own,
I'm from Virgen of Mercedes celebration, the Christmas song and mass tradition,
I'm from mama Otilia,
I'm from papa Jose and brother Ignacio, I will asked them: Will you come back tomorrow?
Oh memories!, oh memories!
I'm lora la habladora
I'm from "mommy,beautiful mommy, you are like the star in the sky,
I'm from a close family, with many memories and mementos.
I'm from Peru and Spain, picarones, pachamanca, cebiche, and paella
I'm from the very scary memories of one day like nightmare, where together with my little sister, we saw astonished how the ceiling and walls went swinging everywhere, and the people yelled: help! help!
My heart was dying like a sundown in the ocean to see such a catastrophic moment.
I'm from the prophetic and scary day where I lost my dear brother.
That was the day that I will never forget.

1 comment:

  1. You packed so much of your life into this poem. It gives me such a picture of your memories of Peru

    ReplyDelete