Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Muffet reflection

This article sounds very interesting to me, just because he has a different point of view about approaching to write in composition course, he talks about sequences that the student need to follow, starting with the abstraction of ideas from the ground, share,comparing and ended in formal writing. The way that he explained it make logical sense to me, I can see the importance of taking time with our students to let them think about themselves (memories) in order to get a safety place to started their writing.

2 comments:

  1. How do you see this working with your students, however? Can you think of various assignments that would fit into this theory?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this model is going to fit with my kindergartens, because in this age they don't have any fear to talk about themselves, however, they like to comunicate everything what happen in their lives. Even tough they are not quite writen long sentences yet, but with my help we can make one composition for the whole class.

    ReplyDelete